Wednesday 10 November 2010

Rock Bottom

This morning, I can't function.

On top of all my usual symptoms, I feel "odd".

I'm shaky and tingly and I have no energy. When I say no energy, I think that's the hardest to convey. I literally can't get out of the chair, can't do a thing.

I think the problem is probably absorption. I've been on steroids since I was 16. In those days, they didn't really do anything else and I was left on them for so many years, I became dependant on them. In the end, your adrenal gland just stops functioning and you develop something called Graves disease. (They've also given me osteoporosis, but that's another story....)

When my bowel gets really messed up, I don't absorb meds I take orally. I take most things by injection, but I can't have the steroids that way. Normally I just slam the dose right up to ensure something gets through, but I haven't got around to doing that this time.

The result is no adrenaline at all.

I really, really really want to be in hospital today :(

If I feel better later, I'll try to be witty and erudite, but this morning it eludes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment