Thursday 20 January 2011

Help! Help, I'm being Oppressed!!

Pre May, there we were, The People's Front of Judea, the Judean People's Front, and the Romans, all sitting around deciding who to vote for,

"Well all right, but apart from saving the NHS, introducing a minimum wage, Sure Start, Peace in NI, winter fuel payments, re-building all the schools and hospitals, free nursery places for 3 and 4 year olds, crime reduced by over 40%, tax and pension credits, low inflation, low interest rates and low unemployment, What did Labour ever do for us?

"Saved the world from global depression?"

"Oh, Global Depression. Shut up!"

We stood in the queue dutifully as that very nice man told us where to go and what to do,

"Crucifixion?"

"Yes."

"Good, out of the door, line on the left, one cross each in the box marked "Conservative. Crucifixion?"

"Yes."

"Good, out of the door......."

But it's OK, Dave would have us all whistling his tune "Always look on the Big Society side of life," a nauseatingly optimistic song, given the circumstances.

After all that excitement of the Clegg surge! The growing hope that things could be different. We started to believe that the People's Front of Judea really could be worth a shot.

Oh how we kick ourselves now, when we find he was working for the Judean People's Front all along disguised as one of us.

It turns out he was never the Messiah, just a very naughty boy.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely love this...I was talking about The Life of Brian this morning in the early hours among many other things...I had a lovely through the night conversation...excellent work, love you in a propa sista way...grins x

    ReplyDelete
  2. To start... New Labour brought us this police state/kettling, took away our freedom of expression/speech, introduced student fees, signed away the people of the uk to be extradited in the US's favour (eg Gary McKinnon, Brian Howes, etc) & many more awful things!

    As far as I'm concerned, both the Tory's, New Labour & the ConDems are as bad as each other, I wouldn't vote for/promote any of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Panda - Obviously I won't agree lol. Maggie knew a thing or two about the police state thing didn't she?As for the other things you mention I could list ten that DID make a big difference for the better.

    Still, as if I'm psychic, I think I just addressed most of your points in the piece I just posted next - I hope so anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I envy your literary talent, Sue! Succinct, pithy, satirical - and still downright funny. I will be re-posting this one on FB for sure - everyone should read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the phrase, "You ROCK, girl!" is called for :-)

    To FB, with all haste...

    xJ -who has been cross with FB all day but this has reminded me that it's good for something, at least ;-)

    ReplyDelete